We are looking for a Junior Server Engineer within our IT team that is experienced in IT support across various platforms within a complex business.
- Location: Gauteng
- Job Type: Sandton
- Closing date: 19 March 2018
The core purpose of the role is to provide efficient and effective IT support to the business units and functional units.
- Comptia A+, MCP, MCSA or relevant experience
- IT related Diploma
- 1-2 years hands on computer support experience
Key Performance Area’s
- Maintain server uptime at the operational site and surrounding areas
- Troubleshoot issues server
- Respond to server alarms, e.g. High CPU utilization, low disk capacity
- Assist with pro-active patch management
- Active directory maintenance
- Infrastructure components monitoring and maintenance (servers), including periodic and corrective maintenance of computer hardware and software installed on the servers
The behaviours required by the incumbent in this role are:
- Good understanding/certification of Microsoft governance framework
- Technical knowledge is essential in order to confront challenges.
- Good knowledge of helpdesk systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Server Products
- Well-developed communication skills to interact professionally with end users, and provide a technical service – interacting at all levels, externally and internally
- Advanced critical and analytical thinking to trouble shoot problems
- Strong problem-solving skills to perform in-depth analysis
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful