We are looking for a Learning & Development Manager who is passionate about skills development, learning and employee betterment to take responsibility for training and development within the Barloworld Logistics Academy.
- Location: Gauteng
- Job Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 23 February 2018
The core purpose of the role is to establish a niche focused Barloworld Logistics Academy which aims to address the skills development needs and requirements of Barloworld Logistic Africa by providing industry recognized qualifications and world class training in order to meet the strategic objectives of the organization. This will include developing integrated customer solutions, people/ talent development, supporting diversity and inclusion, profitable growth, sustainable development in line with the company’s targeted financial returns.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification
- 7-10 years in Learning and Development
- 5 years’ experience in running an in-house training Academy or an external training provider
- High-level presentations & negotiating at Board / Executive and Senior Management levels
Key Performance Area’s
- Lead and direct the activities of the Learning and Development department (Academy) to meet business needs and commercial targets.
- Support the organisations transformation strategy and BBBEE strategy through achieving maximum skills development targets across the group.
- Oversee and execute the design, development and implementation of effective transformation strategies as it relates to the achievement of company’s skills development & Diversity and Inclusion programmes.
- Actively participate in relevant education and training quality assuring bodies, government departments, clients and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support the IDP process across the organisation by championing Work skills planning together with HR and the respective business units and functional departments.
- Continuously review processes, systems and technology to drive improvements and business efficiency.
- Support the company to deliver on key financial performance indicators which include profitable growth, financial returns and value creation.
- Agree and manage service level agreements with the business units and functional departments.
- Draft and manage the learning and development budget.
- Drive funding (internal and external) opportunities with Business Units, Clients, Suppliers, Government and individuals.
- Manage and oversee the quality of delivery of all Barloworld Logistics Academy programmes to Business Units, clients and individuals.
- Drive strategic company D&I initiatives and programmes with particular focus on African woman and middle management
- Sustainable development – Drive initiatives to support the Company’s SHEQ and sustainability requirements.
- Ensure accurate recording, capturing and reporting of all training and related expenditure.
- Monthly progress reporting against the Skills Development targets.
- Ensure the submission or the Annual Training Report to SETAs.
- Ensure reporting as required for BBBEE, EE, Barloworld and Business Units.
- Manage the development of the company/legal entities’ Workplace Skills plan/s and annual training calendar.
The behaviours required by the incumbent in this role are:
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Specialist in Learning and Development practices, SETA’s, SAQA and NQF
- Legislation (EE, B-BBEE, LRA, BCE, SDA)
- Deep understanding of the B-BBEE Skills Development and related codes
- Relevant national HRD plans and related strategies
- Transformation (B-BBEE) and D&I
- Understanding of business commercial principles and operational requirements.
- Company growth plans and strategies
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.