We are looking for a Learning & Development Manager who is passionate about skills development, learning and employee betterment to take responsibility for all non-technical training
- Location: Gauteng
- Job Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 23 February 2018
The core purpose of the role is to manage non-technical learning, development and talent interventions across the organisation in order to support the overall business objectives and transformation goals by identifying skills development and related programmes, such as graduate intake, learnerships, skills training, and leadership development. The incumbent is accountable to manage delivery in line with the service level agreements with the Business Units and commercial agreements with external customers. The incumbent is also accountable for adhering to statutory and SETA requirements.
- Relevant Tertiary Graphic Design QualificationRelevant postgraduate qualification (i.e. Bachelor Degree and Honours in Training/ HR/ OD or related field (Education
- 5-7 years in Learning and Development
- 3 years in a training management role
- Engage at executive level
- Have established networks within the industry
- Proven track record of high-level presentations & influencing at Senior Management levels.
Key Performance Area’s
- Develop, source or implement products (short courses, skills programmes and qualifications) for the non-technical training for the Barloworld Logistics Academy which is aligned to company needs and requirements
- Support line managers with the IDP process across the organisation.
- Support the implementation of the Integrated Employee Value Model.
- Manage the graduate development programme and support leadership development strategy initiatives.
- Implement service level agreements with the business units, functional departments and external customers.
- Support the sourcing, tracking and management of external training funding for non-technical training (including discretionary grant projects) and tax allowances in order to maximise value added to the organisation.
- Adhere to and maintain the quality management system which is aligned to relevant ETQA bodies and company standards and requirements.
- Manage and develop performance and talent of the team in line with the company’s Integrated Employee Value philosophy.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation through developing a hands on understanding of Business Units and Functional Departments needs and requirements.
- Innovate, plan and implement the rollout of special learning and development projects.
The behaviours required by the incumbent in this role are:
- Specialist in Learning and Development practices, SETA’s, SAQA and NQF
- Legislation (EE, B-BBEE, LRA, BCE, SDA)
- Understanding of the B-BBEE Skills Development and related codes
- Relevant national HRD plans and related strategies
- Understanding of Transformation (B-BBEE) and D&I
- Basic understanding of business & commercial principles and operational requirements
- Financial and commercial acumen
Barloworld Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to individuals from the designated groups.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.